If you wish to request an appointment, we would encourage you to go to Find a Therapist by clicking the above button and selecting a therapist that would best accommodate your needs. Then call 1-888-245-5516 or click here to request an appointment with the therapist of your choice, or to discuss your needs with a client support worker.
Rehabilitation psychology assessment and treatment
Motor vehicle accidents, work-related injuries or exposure to a traumatic event can result in psychological difficulties that affect your ability to function.
The purpose of rehabilitation psychology is to support you through your recovery process by:
- pinpointing the effects of injury or trauma through assessment
- developing a treatment plan to guide the course of therapy
- assisting you with re-entry to employment and normal living activities
Rehabilitation assessment and treatment services are available if your concerns are associated with:
It is not uncommon to experience some of the following challenges as a result of your injury or disability:
- chronic pain
- driving phobia
- sleep problems
- concentration problems
- nightmares, flashbacks
- anxiety, panic attacks
- sadness, depression
- post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- increased stress, coping difficulties, etc.
We accept referrals from:
- individuals (self-referral)
- health professionals (doctors, chiropractors, case managers)
- third parties (attorneys, insurance companies)
rehabilitation psychology Treatment Approaches
An evidence-based treatment approach is employed using the following interventions:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure therapy
- In-vivo therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
Fees for assessment and counselling:
Fees are typically covered through third party insurance (WSIB, Motor Vehicle Insurance, or extended health care) and billed directly to third party payers.
Services will be provided in accordance with the employer`s ethical business/licensing standards policy and all FSCO licensing regulations.